We have had an incredible response to this event – not only from our members and friends through their registrations, but also from sponsors, vendors and donors for our auction. When you get to the event, please check in at the registration desk to obtain your badge (if you did not pre-register, you can walk in and register on site). There are The registration desk will be in the north aisleway, between stalls and the arena (not in the clubhouse).
If you are registered for both days, you will only need to check in on Saturday (but don’t forget your badge for admittance Sunday!).
- On your registration, you selected No as far as whether or not you will be attending the social—NOT a banquet this year. If you want to come to the Saturday evening reception –and you did not select this at registration, please notify the volunteers when you check in. We must have an accurate headcount for the caterer doing the appetizers.
- Because this event is USDF University Credit Approved, there may be additional paperwork for you to fill out at registration. If you have selected the “All the Bells and Whistles” package, your USDF University Credit is pre-paid. If you have not yet signed up for University Credit but wish to, you can take care of that when you arrive. USDF University Credit costs $5.00 per day.
- We will also have thank you cards for our sponsors and silent auction item donors at the registration desk; please take a moment and fill out a thank you card to recognize the generosity of their contributions.
- Because it is critical for our Dressage Foundation Grant, please be certain to complete the online evaluation survey you will receive after the weekend. Feedback from our members has directly impacted this year’s Fall Festival and will help us shape our future.
- If you have not yet volunteered, we are still seeking a few early morning helpers for parking, and then have a few open shifts to help sell ODS clothing/merchandise. Check the volunteer page on the ODS website (oregondressage.com/volunteer.html).
- It’s Party Time Catering will be our on-site food vendor this weekend; they will have coffee/espresso/mochas, other drinks, breakfast and lunch items plus some snack type items. Their menu, including pricing, was posted on the ODS News Webpage about a week ago.
- We are pleased to introduce ODS Business Member com as the Clinician and Speaker Sponsor of the 2014 Fall Festival. Tory Kelly of Equine Video Productions has been hired by DTO to film this weekend’s event for their educational video archives and DTO and Tory have both agreed to provide copies of this weekend’s educational event to the ODS Video Library. There will be opportunities to win 1 month and 1 year DTO subscriptions throughout the weekend – watch and listen.
Please note that the ODS Office is now closed so that I can pack and transport donations, paperwork and supplies to the facility.
ODS FALL FESTIVAL – SATURDAY 11/1
DevonWood Equestrian Centre
25033 SW Pacific Highway, Sherwood, OR 97140
From I-5: take the Sherwood/Tualatin exit, #289. West on Nyberg Road (Nyberg Road becomes Tualatin/Sherwood Highway) and go five miles to Highway 99W. Turn south and go three miles to 25033 SW Pacific Highway, on your right just past Brookman/Chapman Road.
From HWY 99W/Newberg: head towards Sherwood on Hwy 99W, make a U-Turn on Chapman Road, take the first right into the driveway.
Please follow the instructions of the parking crew, and if we are lacking volunteers, please park responsibly making sure to not take up too much space. You may parallel park on the uphill side of the driveway and on the south side of the barn. You may park nose-in in the gravel on the north side of the barn. Overflow parking will be around the lower stabling area and in the lower trailer parking field. Be prepared to walk up the hill.
ODS has rented 230 folding chairs and then there are approximately 100 seats available in the bleachers. You may want to bring a blanket.
- Don’t forget that this weekend we adjust our clocks back to standard time – so “fall back” on Sunday
- Registration desk will open at 8:00 AM on Saturday and 7:00 AM on Sunday
- Riding scheduled to begin at 8:30 AM on Saturday and 7:30 AM on Sunday
- 1 copy of the printed schedule will be available for the first 250 people registered (i.e. you don’t have to print this e-mail)
- Lunch will be an hour each day; on Saturday, the ODS General Membership Meeting is scheduled during lunch. On Sunday, OSU’s Dr. Erica McKenzie will give a lunchtime lecture on “Physiology of Exercise and Warm-up in Horses”
- Riding is scheduled to end at 5:15 on Saturday and 4:00 on Sunday
- The Awards and Anniversary Celebration is scheduled on Saturday evening from 5:30 – 7:30. It will be held in the DevonWood Clubhouse. Light appetizers will be served, wine will be available for sale by the glass and members will be delighted with this year’s ODS Silent Auction.
Vendors, Books & Merchandise:
There will be a few on-site vendors in the south wing of the barn next to the indoor warm-up arena. Please thank the vendors for supporting our Fall Festival.
ODS has ordered multiple copies of Janet Foy’s Dressage for the Not So Perfect Horse and Debbie McDonald’s Riding Through for purchase on site. Janet and Debbie will be available after riding is over on Saturday to autograph the books.
In addition, ODS will have sweatshirts, hats, and other logo apparel that will be for sale on site. There are new colors of old designs plus completely brand new items. Please visit the vendor stalls and support ODS.
We have been putting together a fabulous silent auction – we have been updating items pledged to ODS on the webpage here: http://www.oregondressage.com/2014-FF.html
If you have not yet pledged or sent your auction item in – just show up with it and check it in with the Silent Auction volunteers anytime on Saturday.