Just an update on the Region 6 Youth Overnight Dressage Camp – we are now at 37 registrations and have spots for 60 youth. We have the ability to expand, however, we will need time to secure more instructors, therefore, please register now if you are going to!
(1) an excellent educational opportunity tailored for youth in our region
(2) a fundraiser for the Region 6 NAJYRC team
If you cannot participate in the camp – either schedule conflict, don’t have a horse right now or you have aged out, please consider helping in the following ways:
(1) Spread the word – share status updates about the camp, share photos and tell kids about your personal experience when you attended the camp.
(2) Let everyone know that this year, the camp is offering a horseless option. We have not had anyone sign up for it yet. The Region’s NAJYRC team will be helping with this – there is still so much to learn at camp, even if you don’t attend with a horse. This is a viable option for youth traveling from distances which make it prohibitive to ship their horse – like our far reaching states of Alaska and Montana (yes, these are within Region 6!).
(3) Volunteer – later this summer the ODS website will list volunteers needed. The largest needs are people who are TRULY experienced in stable management/herdsmanship. We need adults who are able to help campers with SAFETY. These adults will help monitor (and assist when needed) tacking up, stall cleaning, water buckets and the overall health and happiness of the horses attending the camp. We also will need extra volunteers to be at the gate and in the stabling area helping during move-in and move-out to keep things from being chaotic – we want kids and their horses to be kept safe, to have fun and to make great memories.
(4) Help obtain sponsorships. Jodi McMaster is working hard to obtain not only cash donations (for scholarships) but also for obtaining items like Gas Gift Cards, gift cards or other items as instructor thank yous (because even our instructors are VOLUNTEERS and are not paid. Their travel expenses are not even 100% covered), food (we have a lot of mouths to feed) and services (EMT, Port-A-Potties, etc.). If you have energy to help Jodi, I know that would be appreciated.
Thank you so much for your help in advance – this camp has gained national attention and it is because of the hard work, dedication and love for Youth Dressage Riders that our volunteers have!!